Between now and the event, I suggest you focus on:
- Sorting your gear early, to avoid any last minute stress
- Getting plenty of rest and sleep.
- Eating lots of colourful and seasonal vegetables.
- Drinking plenty of water.
During the event, I suggest you focus on:
- Controlling your intensity, including, but not limited to your pace.
- Managing your nutrition and hydration.
- Managing your psychology.
If you can look after these things then I am confident that the event will be a great success.
I look forward to seeing out there, and at the finish line.
Good luck, and remember to smile and enjoy yourself.